Saturday, 1 February 2014

Gesture


Was it a sign of compassion?
A mark leading to a road by which I was led astray
Times change
Though I will always keep in mind what people say along the way

The best things go left unsaid
And better so
But I hope your memories of me never become so dead
You better go

An act of kindness
By which I became so blind
A symbol of weakness
From which I can never reverse time

An example of blindness
You never saw me cry
A Gesture of love
As I will see it till the day I die

These green leaves turn orange-brown
As they wither away
The beauty of your soul will still take the form of my heart
Regardless of its decay…

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

brilliantly written....

Nisar Masoom said...

Thanks, from the bottom of my heart, kind reader.

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful. <3

Nisar Masoom said...

I acknowledge your comment, kind reader.