Sunday, 6 April 2014

She Said

She Said,
''Poet why do you look at me this way?''
I replied,
''An artist first pictures elegance in his mind, then on a page''

For I saw the cruelty
Underneath your facade
Outside there is beauty
Inside an evil so odd

A shape so unbalanced
Impossible to distinguish between Dr. Jekyll and Ms. Hyde
A body ripe to be touched
Yet a soul that has constantly driven men blind

She Said,
''Poet why do you not glance at me like the others?''
I replied,
''A writer himself creates characters''

For I see you as you are
My penmanship will depict you
Just alongside the ever-fading moon you are a forgotten star
Though my lips still wish to kiss you

And I ache in this sweet bitterness
That is life
Will you be my savior from this inwardness?
As your figure tells no lies...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why did it have to end?

Abdullah Riaz said...

Because the world is not a wish granting factory ;)
Thanks a lot reader on Nisar's behalf

Nisar Masoom said...

Haha, I agree with Abdullah's statement - as all good things must come to an end.