Scarlet

Note: This poem is inspired by the 2004 song Vermilion by the band Slipknot.  The lyrics were written by bassist Paul Gray who passed away on May 24, 2010. I dedicate these verses to him

Note (2): The original track talked about a man who is in love with an illusory woman . But he cannot  make make her real. In this case I re-made the story; a man is sexually attracted to a woman but she wants him to adore her. So the composition deals with him trying to turn his lust into love.

She seems undressed in all the figments
Of past fantasies
So transparent yet so adorable
She continues to be it

Creamy soft hands that press
Against my thigh and my chest
Enter the night that I tried to become hers
Forever

Ohhh, she's the only one that makes me whole

She is everything and more
The antonym of satanic
My Cleopatra bathed in temptation
She is lust to me

I get nervous, my superficiality hinders
At the sight of her purity
It's now or never I'm becoming hers
Forever

Ohhh, she's the only one that makes me whole

Isn't hard to say what caught my attention
Fixed and crazy, animalistic attraction
Carve her name on my heart to simplify
Such an aloof wallflower, to romanticize

I won't let this love build up inside of me
I won't let this love build up inside of me

I'm a sadomasochist, and I am a Casanova
No chaste restraints and repeat solicitors
I exist through my need to be sexually satisfied
She is something in me, that can't be justified

I won't let this love build up inside of me
I wont let this love build up inside of me

I can't feel!
I can't make myself feel!

I can't feel
I can't make myself feel...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You!

Dreamer Deceived

Lahore Vampires