Shameless Writer (Careless Whisper)

Note: An alternative version of Careless Whisper by George Michael.

I feel so unsure
As I take your hand and lead you to the white board
As the fiction dies
Reality in your eyes
Calls to mind a sheet of paper
And all its sad rhymes

I'm never gonna write again
Guilty hands have got no literature
Though it's easy to have your verses misread
I know you know they are true
I should have known better than to cheat a girlfriend
And waste a title that I'd been given
So I'm never gonna write again
The way I wrote for you

Prose can never mend
The Shameless Writings of a poor boyfriend
To the heart and mind
Poetry is kind
There's no beauty in the truth
Ugliness is what you'll find

Tonight the poem was read aloud
I wish that we could lose this renown
Maybe it's better this way
We'd hurt each other with the things the words will say
We could have been so good together
This night could've been written in heaven
But now who's gonna read for me?
Please stay

Now that you've gone (Now that you've gone)
Was what I wrote so wrong?
So wrong, that I had to read it alone...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You!

Dreamer Deceived

Lahore Vampires