Hope (is for the Hopeless)

"Hope is the worst of evils, for it prolongs the torment of man". - Friedrich Nietzsche

If I cry tears of joy
Can you turn them into a flood of melancholy?
If I reveal unspoken lies
Can you convert them into a truthful melody?

No

If I reside in the light
Can you shove me into the pit?
If I grieve in silence
Can you erase all of it?

No

Hope is such a bitter word
It is for the Hopeless
Each day in this world
Every moment you love me less

Your hair was raven-black
Kept as long as it could unfold
If the realm was under attack
I would never let you get cold

Your skin was white as butter-cream
Complexion irresistible
We were a perfect team
The ending though horrible

Hope is such a bitter word
It prolongs the torment
Of my dying soul
Love can be anything but heaven-sent...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You!

Gesture

Dreamer Deceived