Lips of a Libra

"Lips of a Libra" from my upcoming collection "In Lahore and Lonely" (due 2020).
Picture: Rebecca Ferguson (Libra actress)

Picture of Libra actress Rebecca Ferguson.


I glanced at your phone
While you were in the shower
I can't believe it's him calling
So you're waiting to be home alone
While I'm out for an hour
For your trick I'll purposefully be falling
When will my heart
Succumb to your lies?
I feel your love forsaking
I'm about to break apart
Time to say our goodbyes
From outside our bedroom door I can hear your lovemaking
Now it's gone forever
The love that I thought was mine
It's on the lips of a Libra
Did he even know about us?
Or did you deceive him
Like you've played me for so long?
I guess for you we were lust
One of the seven deadly sins
All I can say now is, "So long"
It was the middle of December
When my heart finally broke all ties
To the queen of deceivers
Now it's gone forever
The love that I thought was mine
It's on the lips of a Libra.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You!

Dreamer Deceived

Lahore Vampires